Some Signs of Hidden Water Damage
When a sink, toilet or tub has overflowed, or when rainwater has invaded your home a water damage is obvious. Did you know that water damage could also be hidden? Hidden leaks can cause structure damage as well as cause microbial growth.
Signs of hidden water damage may include:
- Cracking, flaking and bubbling drywall or paint or dark or wet spots on ceiling or walls
- Puddle or pool of water that comes back after cleaning it up
- Unexplained water bill or electric bill that has suddenly gone up
- A dripping sound or sounds of running water
- A smell of dampness, mustiness, or mold
Hidden water damage can happen to both a new and an older home at any time. Any sort of water damage whether hidden or not needs to be taken care of as soon as possible.