Defensive Measures for Microbial Growth
Mold spores are everywhere. Most types of microbial growth can grow quickly if they have a water source, organic food source and warm temperatures.
Some tips to aid in preventing or limiting microbial growth are:
- Keep moisture from building foundations by providing proper drainage.
- Remove any standing water under air handling units or cooling systems.
- Gutters and drains should be kept clean of any debris.
- Inspect the roof and windows for any areas such as missing shingles or cracks where water may enter. Inspect plumbing including the refrigerator ice maker line, dishwasher and washing machine for leaks. Perform necessary maintenance if any issues/leaks are found.
- Use exhaust fans in the kitchen, laundry room and bathroom.
Contact SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties at 540-433-6100 if you need assistance after a water damage or discover microbial growth.