Prepare Yourself for Storms
When extreme weather is predicted, you should prepare yourself. Advisories and warnings are issued through the radio, internet and television for your safety.
- Stock up on non-perishable foods, batteries for flashlights and radios.
- Check outside for any items that can be blown around, such as garbage cans and patio furniture. These items can be picked up by the wind and cause damage to property and injure people.
- Cut down dead tree branches and dead trees to aid in preventing the risk of falling during the storm.
- Do not use an ordinary phone line during a storm, use a cell phone instead.
- If you have animals, bring them inside and make sure they have sufficient food and water.
Preparing yourself before a storm hits can save lives (whether human or animal) and minimize damage to property. Be prepared and stay safe.