Plan ahead for evacuation in the event of a storm for you and your pets
Storm Damage & Evacuation in Rockingham and Augusta County
SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties has these tips for people in our community dealing with disabilities during an evacuation. You may want to consider, during times of flooding, to pack a bag to have ready in case the worst happens.
Plan for backup if you have your own car. A storm or flood may damage your car.
Ask your healthcare provider to suggest what specific devices you might need if you need to evacuate due to an emergency:
- Where can I get medical supplies?
- How I do get accessible transportation?
- If medical help is needed, where would I go?
- Does this facility have a disability ramp access?
Items to bring with you:
- Written list for emergency contacts
- List of all medications, dosages, and allergies
- Style & serial number of medical devices
- Supply of medical equipment
- Extra battery for a power wheelchair
- Any cushions or padding
- Wheelchairs, canes, braces, etc.
- Medical bracelets
- Medical insurance cards
- List and/or supply of prescription medications
Our service animals are also affected by storm damage. For people who have service animals in Rockingham or Augusta County.
- Packing extra food, water, & other supplies for the service animal
- Tell emergency responders that your service animal travels with you
- Shelters and other buildings may not refuse entry to a service animal
Plan for individuals with special needs.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties?
SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties is locally owned and operated.
Our certified cleaning and restoration specialists are faster to any size disaster. Providing emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day, or night.