Water Damage Emergency Tips
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first. Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are prevalent concerns. You may also get hurt lifting objects, as wet materials can be very heavy. Do only activities that are safe to perform, and evacuate if necessary.
What to Do After Water Damage
- Call SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties at (540) 433-6100.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas when access to the panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in the summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT to Do After Water Damage
- Don’t enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water.
- Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't turn on your television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Water Damage Repair and Restoration
When your home has water damage from flooding or leaks, you need a company that can respond immediately and has the expertise and equipment to restore your property correctly. SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties uses advanced water damage inspection and extraction equipment to help find the moisture and remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will monitor and document the drying process so that you know your property is back to normal.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties?
SERVPRO of Rockingham and Augusta Counties is locally owned and operated.
Our certified cleaning and restoration specialists are faster to any size disaster. Providing emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day, or night.